The principal activities of the Society include:
- Publishing the Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics;
- Convening the annual meeting to discuss important topics and conduct Society affairs;
- Arranging local, provincial or regional meetings and sessions for members;
- Conducting a workshop every year on a selected topic of special concern to the profession;
- Sponsoring awards for the best Canadian theses in the field of agricultural and resource economics;
- Distributing a Newsletter that reports the activities of the Society and its members.